COME BACK VICTORY!! Kirin pick up 3 points with strong performance

SCG Muangthong United come from two goals down to win 4-2 over Police Tero F.C. at the Boonyachinda Stadium. Goals came from Jaja Ceolho, Heberty, and Kirin youngsters Poramet and Weerawut.

Coach Radovan Curcic made a few changes to the lineup from Wednesday's 4-1 romp over Chonburi F.C. Wattana Playnum returned from his ban to the defensive midfield role, and Adison Pomrak got the nod into the centre back as Naoaki Aoyama was rested. Sanukran, who started against Chonburi, was sitting out a ban.

The Kirin began strong and dominated possession over the first twenty minutes, moving the ball into the Police Tero end easily. Adisak Kriason launched several key moves down the left side, or sent the ball to Heberty or Jaja Coelho, but no clear attempt on net was to be realized. A free kick off of Heberty's foot looked dangerous, but narrowly missed the top corner.

Police Tero gradually regained organization and began to control the midfield. The clear target in the box was the tall forward Marcos Vinicius, who was able to dominate over the centre backs. At '27 Marcos put Police Tero in the lead, turning to execute a glancing header past Kampon.

SCG Muangthong United responded with the same dominance that began the half. Police Tero's scrappy defensive stance denied any chance to get near the net, and Muangthong United were vulnerable on the transition. The half ended with the Kirin goalless.

Coach Curcic started the second half with the same eleven. Once again, in the transition, the Kirin were vulnerable, and Police Tero picked up a second goal early on. Jaja Coelho was dispossessed with a foul that had many surprised when the whistle remained silent. The ball was laid long and Marcos' shot deflected off another player for his second goal of the night. To add insult, Heberty picked up a yellow after remonstrating heavily with the referee.

Coach Radovan Curcic proceeded to introduce two substitions and reorganized the team, with Adisak and Wattana both leaving the pitch to make way for Weerawut and U21 national team player Poramet.

Perhaps energized by the goal, the Kirin stepped up the pressure and two quick goals were to materialize. Jaja Coelho pounced on a defensive slip to pound home from close in, and a few moments later Weerawut, minutes after being subbed in, was at the back post to knock the ball in to even up the score.

A great chance for the Kirin to take the lead came at '72 when Heberty was upended charging for goal, setting up a free kick from an ideal location about 30 yards out. Heberty's shot was through the wall, but into the arms of the Police Tero keeper.

Police Tero almost went ahead at '75 when, once again on the transition, had the ball into the Kirin box. Marcos made it past two defenders before laying the ball back. Ang Thu had the seemingly easy goal, but his shot was heroically blocked by Peerapat.

Moments later it was the Kirin who went ahead. An initial shot from Weerawut was saved by the keeper, but the rebound fell to Poramet who kept his focus and hit the back of the goal, his first ever for SCG Muangthong United.

Finally, in injury time, Heberty Fernandes was fouled in the box setting up a penalty shot, which the Kirin leading goal scorer then converted to push the lead to 4-2.

SCG Muangthong United will play another away match in Ratchaburi on Wednesday September 12th, and then are back home for the Super Big Match with Buriram United on September 16th.

21 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

© Muangthong United &

  • Wix Facebook page
  • Wix Twitter page
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • periscope